ALERT: Start your application today. Government filing fees will increase April 1, 2024. See More

Navigating Family-Based Green Card Requirements: Expert Immigration Law Specialists

General Green Card Questions & Answers

There are several pathways an individual can pursue that can lead to eligibility for a U.S Green Card. Some of the most accessible options include applying:


  • Through your family

  • Through your job

  • Through your finance or spouse

  • Through refugee or asylum status

  • Through special immigration juvenile status

  • Through the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

There is no one answer to this question, as it is dependent on the Green Card pathway you are pursuing. If you are aiming for an asylum-based Green Card, you will have a whole different set of requirements than someone applying through their job. To better understand the requirements for each pathway, contacting an immigration law specialist is the right decision.

The answer to this depends on whether or not you have a US visa that allows you to work in the country. If not, then you’ll need a work permit, and applying for these is a months-long procedure.

US Green Card Questions
eligibility requirements, application steps, benefits of employment-based green card

Marriage Green Card Questions

As soon as you are officially married, you can apply for a Green Card.

There are conditions as a safeguard for the government to ensure marriages are legitimate. These conditional Green Cards will last for two years, and once you have been married this long, the conditions are dropped.

The K-1 Fiance Visa is a temporary visa that will allow your fiance to come to the United States for 90 days to get married.

The most important part of this process is to connect with Immigration Law experts like Green Visa. But there are three typical steps to getting the Green Card.


Step 1: Officially Get Married.

Step 2: Apply for the Green Card.

Step 3: Attend the Green Card Interview.

Family-Based Green Card Questions

A Family-Based Green Card allows those with immediate family that are U.S citizens or Green Card holders to apply for Green Cards.

If you are a U.S citizen, you can sponsor spouses, parents (as long as you are over 21), or children (if they are under 21).

Permanent Residents can sponsor spouses and unmarried children.

Yes. Both are considered immediate family.

family happy about getting US visa and immigration Services
family happy about getting US visa and immigration Services |Stress-free US immigration journey starts here. Secure your visa, green card, or citizenship with our reliable services
Eligibility of Citizenship through immigration
eligibility requirements for US citizenship, benefits of becoming a US citizen, steps to apply for citizenship

General Green Card Questions & Answers

Yes. This happens often. Some common reasons are improperly filled out forms, missing details, a lack of translation, or inefficient fees. Talking to Immigration Law specialists helps increase the likelihood of application success.

 Green Card’s costs are dependent on the type you are applying for. There are additional fees to consider, like immigration fees, medical exam fees, processing fees, and more.

Specialty Occupation Visa FAQ

The H-1B visa is the answer to this question. It is a non-immigrant visa allowing those who work in specialty occupations, DOD cooperative research and development project workers, as well as fashion models to live in the United States while working.

This is a non-immigrant visa, so it only is good for three years, and can be renewed just once.

There are several requirements for the H-1B Visa. Below are some of them:

  • Those applying for the H1-B visa as an individual working in a specialty occupation or as a DOD cooperative research and development project worker must hold at least a bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent.

  • If a fashion model is applying for this visa, they have to be established with a track record in the industry.

  • There are several specialty occupations that fall under the H-1B umbrella. These include: architecture, accounting, engineering, finance, Information Technology, math, medicine, and science.

Intracompany Transferee Visa FAQ

If you are an Intracompany Transferee, the L-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows people with managerial or executive status, or those with specialized knowledge in their industry to transfer with companies to a branch that is located in the U.S.

The L-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa. This temporary visa allows intracompany transferees to live in the United States for 5-7 years, depending on the visa.

There are several criteria you need to fulfill to be eligible for the L-1 Visa:

  • You must have already worked for the multi-national company for one continuous year within the past three year period.

  • You must transfer to a branch of the same company within the US.
  • To receive the visa, you must have specialized knowledge, or work in a managerial/executive position.

Extraordinary Performer’s Visa FAQ

If you have unique abilities or talent, in industries like athletics, science, business, art, or other similar fields, the O-1 visa allows you to reside in America for work.

This is a non-immigrant visa, so it is temporary. It can be granted for up to three years, and can be extended for a year. There are no limits to the number of extensions a holder can receive.

To receive this visa, the requirements are that:

  • You must be able to clearly show your abilities are extraordinary, and must continue working in the industry or area where your abilities lie.
(us visa and immigration Services
Stress-free US Immigration starts here. Secure your visa, green card, or citizenship with our personalized services.

Investor Visas FAQ

The two primary investor visas are the E-2 and EB-5 visa.

The E-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa for treaty investors. To receive this visa, investors must invest in an American company, work at that American company during their stay, and originate from one of the countries that has a treaty with the US. This visa allows for up to five years, and can be extended.

The EB-5 visa is an immigrant visa that allows for permanent residency in the US. To receive this visa, an investor must invest in a US company, and that investment must create at least ten full-time jobs for American citizens.

Temporary Religious Worker Visa FAQ

If you want to work in a religious capacity in the United States, the R-1 visa is your best option.

The R-1 visa is a temporary, non-immigrant visa. These last for 30 months, and allow for a single renewal, which also lasts for 30 months.

To receive this visa, you must have been a member of the same religious denomination you intend to work for in the US for at least two years. You must have work lined up in a religious role for at least 20 hours a week for a non-profit, religious organization.

US best immigration services
"Experience seamless support with our US visa and immigration services. From visas to legal advice, we tailor assistance to your needs, ensuring a smooth journey." US visa and immigration services . green visa us